1) Anti-radiation pills: Potassium iodide (KI) tablets, or anti-radiation pills, are known to provide some protection in cases of radiation exposure. They contain non-radioactive iodine and can help block absorption, and subsequent concentration, of radioactive iodine in the thyroid gland.
- The thyroid gland, which uses iodine to produce hormones to regulate the body’s metabolism, has no way of telling radioactive from non-radioactive iodine. Potassium iodide (KI) tablets rely on this to achieve ‘thyroid blocking’.
2) Grievance Redressal Index: it has been published by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- In this report, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has topped amongst all Ministries/ Departments for resolving Public Grievances.
- The UIDAI has been a top performer in resolution of cases received through the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).
3) Jigyasa 2.0: Jigyasa, a student-scientist connect programme by CSIR in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya and is aimed at connecting school students and scientists so as to extend students’ classroom learning with that of a very well-planned research laboratory-based learning.
- Ministry of S&T recently organized Jigyasa 2.0 for the renewable fuel program
4) India becomes the world’s 5th largest economy: Top Economies in the World 1. The United States 2. China 3. Japan 4. Germany 5. India 6. The United Kingdom 7. France 8. Italy.
- The calculation is based on US dollars (current prices), and India extended its lead in the first quarter, according to GDP figures from the International Monetary Fund.
- Indian economy is forecast to grow more than 7% this year
5) Scheme for promotion of Bulk Drug Parks: Centre has approved BDPs for Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh
- A bulk drug ( or active pharmaceutical ingredient (API)) is the key ingredient of a drug or medicine, which lends it the desired therapeutic effect or produces the intended pharmacological activity.
- g. Paracetamol (acts against pain) – It is a bulk drug, as it is mixed with binding agents to produce a paracetamol tablet, capsule or syrup.
- BDP: Launched in 2020 by the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, with the aim to develop 3 mega BDPs and reduce India’s dependence on China for APIs.
- The grant-in-aid will be 90% of the project cost in the case of North-East and hilly States and 70% in the case of other States (up to a maximum of Rs 1000 crore per BDP).