Trade deficit: A trade deficit is an amount by which the cost of a country’s imports exceeds its exports.
- The trade deficit in goods shows a rise of demand in the economy.
- It is a part of the Current Account Deficit.
Railway Protection Force has recently started “Operation Satark” with an objective of taking action against illicit liquor/FICN/illegal tobacco products/unaccounted gold and any other items being transported through railway networks for the purpose of tax evasion and smuggling
Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS):
- The ATAGS is a 155-mm, 52-calibre artillery gun jointly developed by the DRDO in partnership with Bharat Forge of the Kalyani Group and the Tata Power SED.
- ATAGS has greater than 95% of indigenous content. It set a world record for the longest unassisted projectile range of 48 kilometres.
- It has an all-electric drive to ensure reliability and minimum maintenance over a long period of time.
Repo rate: Repo rate is the rate at which the central bank of a country (Reserve Bank of India in case of India) lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
- It is used by monetary authorities to control inflation.
- In the event of inflation, central banks increase repo rate as this acts as a disincentive for banks to borrow from the central bank. This reduces money supply.
- It is a cyber-crime group said to be based in South America.
- The group is relatively new but has successfully breached major firms like Microsoft.
- Their hacking tactics include phone-based social engineering, SIM-swapping to facilitate account takeover, accessing personal email accounts of employees at target organisations etc.
Leave a Comment