29th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- 99% of police stations are registering 100% FIRs directly on the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS): Home Minister
- Bihar and West Bengal have the lowest police population ratio in country
- The proportion of deaths due to non communicable diseases has increased from 38% in 1990 to 62% in 2016.
- The capturing of attendance for all the works (except individual beneficiary schemes/projects) under National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme through National Mobile Monitoring System app has been made mandatory from 1st January, 2023. (Ministry of Rural Development)
28th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- 61 deaths by suicide at IITs, IIMs, NITs since 2018: Govt
- Students to get new textbooks from NCERT after a gap of nearly 20 years
- High court seeks ChatGPT’s response on bail plea
23rd March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- Shaheed Diwas or Martyrs Day on 23rd March marks the death anniversary of freedom fighters: Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru
- Lake baikal in Russia: world’s deepest and oldest lake as well as the largest freshwater lake by volume
- Lake Tanganyika in Africa: world’s longest freshwater lake
- Number of foreign businesses exiting India (550) surpass new entrants (470) since 2018, with a 5 year low in 2022
21st March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- Chhattisgarh announces Mukhyamantri Vriksha Sampada Yojana: country’s 1st ever large scale commercial plantation drive
- India is the largest producer of millets in the world
- Proportion of women has increased in all but one (Bank of Baroda) public sector bank, reaching upto 30% in some banks
- Practise of sealed cover must end, goes against process of fair justice: CJI
18th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- 974 URL, social media accounts blocked within the 1st 3 months of 2023 under section 69A of Information technology Act
- International Criminal Court issues warrant against Putin over Ukraine
- There is not a single monument connected with Dalits and B R Ambedkar’s struggle that has been declared as a national monument
- Except for cases related to national security, it is not a practise to seek R&AW reports on proposals for appointment of judges.
- India moots action plan to mark 2023 as year of tourism development at SCO meet
- 7093 women personnel are serving in Indian Army, 1636 in IAF and 748 in the Navy
16th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- Uranus has 13 rings and gets it’s blue colour because of methane in its atmosphere.
- 436 CAPF personnel end life in 3 years; task force formed.
- NGOS received over Rs 22000 crore foreign funds in 2021-22: MHA
- India overtakes China for the 2nd year in unicorns by creating 23 new unicorns in 2022
- Threats, dissent can be ground for Governor to call floor test: Supreme Court
- Best perfoming agencies in terms of conviction rate: ED (96%), NIA (94%), CBI (68%)
- 49.8 % households in rural and 92 % in urban areas used clean fuel as the primary source of energy for cooking. (78th Round of NSSO Multiple Indicator Survey)
14th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- 21,200 cases are pending before National Company Law Tribunal at the end of January 2023
- Election commission tells Allahabad High Court that it has no power to ban caste based political rallies during non election period.
- Agriculture ministry couldn’t use, surrendered Rs 44k cr in 3 years.
- 17 airports have been made operational in the NER:DoNER Minister
- 39% of world’s 50 most polluted cities are in India.
- Flatter is faster,leaner is better: Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg as company cuts another 10,000 jobs.
13th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- 21% rural households do not have access to any type of toilet: Multiple indicator Survey
- India is among the top 5 landslide prone countries globally with Rudraprayag and Tehri Garhwal in Uttarakhand being the most vulnerable districts
- Report & Publisher
- Statement of Climate of India-IMD
- Landslide Atlas of India- ISRO
10th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- Grazing by livestock leads to lower carbon storage in soil compared to grazing by wild herbivores: IISc
- Abusing someone with caste name during argument won’t lead to SC/ST Act case: High Court
- 57% of vehicles on Indian roads are uninsured
9th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- Budget allocation to Pwd is declining since last 3 years: 00084% of GDP in 2022-23
- There has been a growth of 200% in digital payment volume in the past 4 years: 45 billion UPI transactions in 2021-22
- Acute malnutrition among pregnant women has increased by 25% in 12 countries in the past 2 years.
- Sri Lanka closes in on $2.9 billion IMF deal after support from China
8th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- India is world’s dog-bite and rabies capital
- India accounts for half of the world’s gendered digital divide
- Theme for International Women’s Day 2023: DigitALL: Innovation and technologyfor gender equality
- Vice President appoints his staff in 20 House Committees
- 2022 winter air in NCR ‘cleanest’ in 5 years but still toxic: CSE Report
4th March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- China has the World’s biggest standing army, world’s largest navy and largest aviation force in Indo Pacific.
- Road sector has maximum number of delayed projects in India.
- Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry has received the Porter Prize 2023 for managing Covid-19 through involvement of ASHA workers
- Government’s millet procurement to fall short of target by 40%
- Workforce engaged in farming registered, for the first time in India’s history, a fall in absolute terms.
3rd March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- Pratigya yatras are being organised to popularise Jan Aushadhi
- Top Palm pil producers: Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand
- Top soyabean and sunflower oil sources: Argentina, Brazil,Russia and Ukraine
- Record high CO2 emissions reached in 2022: International Energy Agency
- Election Commissioners having tenure below 6 years is breach of law: SC
- Nagaland elects its 1st woman Member of Legislative Assembly
2nd March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- India is the chair of the 1st April Corruption working group of G20 in gurugram with Italy as the co chair.
- Goal to reduce anaemia among women, especially among those who are pregnant, is where India lags the most– Lancet Report
- India’s largest tiger reserve: Nagarjunasagar Srisailam Tiger reserve
- 25 weeks of pandemic destroyed 25 years of progress in health: Bill Gates.
- Scheduled Tribes and other Traditional Forests Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006 (ROFR Act) is the sole legal basis for any regularisation of forest land in any part of the country
1st March #Edufacts: Important Facts of the Day for UPSC IAS Current Affairs
- Yellowstone National Park in US is the world’s 1st national park.
- NEP targets to raise enrolment in higher education and vocational education to 50% by 2035.
- Over 9000 janaushadhi kendras already established in country out of the 10000 target.
- Revised data for GDP growth according to NSO: