(Answers must be written in Marathi)
- Language and Folk-lore (a) Nature and Functions of Language (with reference to Marathi)Language as a signifying system : Langue and Parole; Basic functions; Poetic Language; Standard Language and dialect; Language variations according to social parameters. Linguistic features of Marathi in thirteenth century and seventeenth century.(b) Dialects of Marathi Ahirani; Varhadi; Dangi.(c) Marathi Grammar Parts of Speech; Case-system; Prayog-vichar (Voice).
(d) Nature and kinds of Folk-lore (with special reference to Marathi) Lok-Geet, Lok Katha, Lok Natya.
(History of Literature and Literary Criticism)
(a) History of Marathi Literature
1. From beginning to 1818 AD, with special reference to the following : The Mahanubhava writers, the Varkari poets, the Pandit poets, the Shahirs, Bakhar Literature.
2. From 1850 to 1990, with special reference to developments in the following major forms : Poetry, Fiction (Novel and Short Story), Drama; and major literary currents and movements, Romantic, Realist, Modernist, Dalit, Gramin, Feminist.
(b) Literary Criticism
1. Nature and function of Literature;
2. Evaluation of Literature;
3. Nature, Objectives and Methods of Criticism;
4. Literature, Culture and Society.