1) POEM: The PSLV Orbital Experimental Module is a platform that will help perform in-orbit experiments using the final, and otherwise discarded, stage of ISRO’s workhorse rocket, PSLV.
- The PSLV is a four-stage rocket where the first three spent stages fall back into the ocean, and the final stage (PS4) — after launching the satellite into orbit — ends up as space junk.
- It is the first time that the PS4 stage would orbit the earth as a stabilised platform,
- POEM is carrying six payloads, including two from Indian space start-ups Digantara and Dhruva Space.
2) PSLV-C53: The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) on Thursday successfully launched three Singaporean satellites in a commercial mission of the New Space India Limited from Sriharikota.
- The launch vehicle flew in the core-alone configuration where no strap-on motors are used other than the four main engine stages.
- The main payload of the mission was a 365 kg Singaporean DS-EO satellite, which is an electro-optic, earth-observation satellite capable of providing full-colour images for land classification and disaster-relief operations.
- The 155 kg NeuSAR satellite is its first small commercial satellite capable of providing images in the day or at night under all weather conditions.
- The third satellite was Nanyang Technical University’s 2.8kg Scoob-1, the first in the student satellite series for giving hands-on training for the university’s satellite research centre.
3) EODB: It is a joint initiative by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and the World Bank to improve the overall business environment in the States.
- Ranking of all the States and Union Territories is done, based on the implementation of BRAP by them.
- Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP): These reforms cover 12 business regulatory areas such as Access to Information, Single Window System, Labour, Environment, etc.
- Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Telangana are among the seven states categorised as top achievers
4) Sundar Committee: was set up on Road safety and Traffic Management
- The Committee decided to address road safety covering all types of roads including rural roads, district roads, state highways and national highways as about 60 to 65% of the fatalities occurred on roads other than the national highways
5) Snake Island: Russian troops have abandoned their positions on a captured Ukrainian islandin the Black Sea, a major setback to their invasion effort that weakens their blockade of Ukraine’s ports.
- Snake or Serpent Island, called Zmiinyi in Ukrainian, is a rocky outcrop that extends less than 700 metres from end to end, and is often described as being “X-shaped”. It is located 35 km from the coast, to the east of the mouth of the Danube
- Parts of the Black Sea around Snake Island are believed to hold significant oil and gas reserves.
Leave a Comment