1) Aragalaya: the Sinhalese word for “struggle”, is being used widely to describe the daily gathering of people at Colombo’s Galle Face Green that began with the demand that Gotabaya resign as President and make way for a new dispensation
- In its essential meaning, aragalaya also captures the struggle of individual Sri Lankans to find food, fuel and medicines on a daily basis, bringing them all together in a “janatha aragalaya” — a people’s struggle. It has been mostly leaderless.
2) Wormhole: it is an ideal shortcut for intergalactic travelling. It connects two far away points in space-time through a tunnel or bridge.
- The bridge’s length is predicted to be far shorter than the distance between the given two points. So the tunnel acts as a shortcut.
- The wormhole concept is one of the many path-breaking predictions of Einstein’s general relativity. It is also called Einstein Rosen Bridge.
- Wormholes are fundamentally based on the general theory of relativity. However, physical existence is not yet confirmed. There is a possibility that wormholes are just complex projections of a 4d space-time fabric.
3) The Baudhāyana sutras: they are a group of Vedic Sanskrit texts which cover dharma, daily ritual, mathematics and is one of the oldest Dharma-related texts of Hinduism that have survived into the modern age from the 1st-millennium BCE.
- The Baudhāyana Śulbasûtra is noted for containing several early mathematical results, including an approximation of the square root of 2 and the statement of the Pythagorean theorem.
4) Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO): SCO is a permanent intergovernmental international organization.
- It’s a Eurasian political, economic and military organization aiming to maintain peace, security and stability in the region.
- The SCO Charter was signed in 2002, and entered into force in 2003.
- SCO Secretariat – Based in Beijing to provide informational, analytical & organizational support.
5) Jagriti Mascot: Recently, a mascot named Jagriti has been launched by the Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA) to empower consumers and further generating awareness of their rights.
It would be projected as an empowered consumer who is spreading awareness about consumer rights & addressing solutions to the problems faced by the consumers.
Leave a Comment