1) Data Sonification: Data Sonification is the translation of astronomical data into sounds.
- This sonification translates the actual sound waves discovered in data from various NASA missions – such as the Chandra X-ray Observatory, Hubble Space Telescope, and Spitzer Space Telescope.
- There is a misconception that there is no sound in space because most of the space is a vacuum, with no medium for sound waves to travel.
- However, galaxy clusters enveloping thousands of galaxies within it often have large amounts of sound, providing a medium for the sound waves to travel.
2) Chola Era Idols: Tamil Nadu Idol Wing CID initiates steps to bring back 6 stolen Chola-era idols from the US. The idol belongs to Nareeswara Siv Temple (Veeracholapuram, Kallakurichi) and was built by Rajendra Chola I.
- He was the son of Rajaraja Chola
- He established many educational institutes in his empire, and for this, he got the title Pandita Chola.
- He contributed to art, religion and literature including Gangaikondacholapuram Temple (after his victory over Pala’s Mahipala-I)
3) Right of Way Rules: Ministry of Communications, Electronics & IT and the Ministry of Railways has released amendment in the Indian Telegraph Right of Way (RoW) Rules, 2016 to facilitate faster and easier deployment of Telecom Infrastructure.
- Ministry has released the 5G RoW application ‘form’ on GatiShakti Sanchar Portal .
- The Right of Way (RoW) in the telecommunications sector is referred to as the legal framework for setting up telecom towers, laying optical fibre cables (OFC), improving coordination among companies, and settling disputes.
- The “GatiShakti Sanchar” portal was launched recently for Centralised Right of Way (RoW) approvals. (under the ministry of communication)
4) Software as a service (or SaaS): is a way of delivering applications over the Internet—as service ( freeing up the need of installing and maintaining software). It is also called Web-based Software.
- India now has 18 SaaS unicorns with the country being the third largest SaaS ecosystem globally, after the USA and China.
5) Arth Ganga: In 2019, the Prime Minister of India first introduced the ‘Arth Ganga’ concept
- The ‘Arth Ganga’ model focuses on the sustainable development of the Ganga and its surrounding areas, by focusing on economic activities related to the river.
- This model strives to contribute at least 3% of the GDP from the Ganga Basin itself.
Leave a Comment