1) Colour- Coded Weather Warning: It is issued by the IMD whose objective is to alert people ahead of severe or hazardous weather which has the potential to cause damage, widespread disruption or danger to life.
2) Kalamkari: it is a type of hand-painted or block-printed cotton textile produced in Isfahan, Iran, and in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Only natural dyes are used in Kalamkari, which involves twenty-three steps
- To create design contours, artists use a bamboo or date palm stickpointed at one end with a bundle of fine hair attached to this pointed end to serve as the brush or pen.
- There are two distinctive styles of Kalamkari art in India – Srikalahasti styleand the Machilipatnam style.
- This style flourished in temples centered on creating unique religious identities, appearing on scrolls, temple hangings, chariot banners as well as depictions of deities and scenes taken from the Hindu epics
3) Breach of separation: DGCA suspends air traffic controller who approved IndiGo flights that came too close after take off.
- The incident was called “breach of separation”, which happens when two aircraft cross the minimum mandatory vertical or horizontal distance in the airspace.
4) DGCA: Directorate General of Civil Aviation
- It is an attached office of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- It is the regulatory body in the field of Civil Aviation primarily dealing with safety issues.
- It is responsible for regulation of air transport services to/from/within India and for enforcement of civil air regulations, air safety and airworthiness standards.
- It also co-ordinates all regulatory functions with the International Civil Aviation Organisation.
5) West Nile virus: It is a member of the flavivirus genus and belongs to the Japanese encephalitis antigenic complex of the family Flaviviridae.
- WNV is commonly found in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, North America and West Asia.
- WNV is an infectious disease spread by infected mosquitoes.
- It spreads from birds to humans with the bite of an infected Culex mosquito. It can lead to a fatal neurological disease in humans.
- There are no specific vaccines or treatments for human WNV disease.
- The best way to avoid WNV is to prevent mosquito bites.