National Family Health Survey: The Total Fertility Rate (TFR), the average number of children per woman, has further declined from 2.2 to 2.0 at the national level between National Family Health Survey (NFHS) 4 and 5.
- The NFHS is a large-scale, multi-round survey conducted in a representative sample of households throughout India.
- The IIPS is the nodal agency, responsible for providing coordination and technical guidance for the NFHS.
- NFHS was funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and UNICEF. The First National Family Health Survey (NFHS-1) was conducted in 1992-93.
Shukrayaan1: Shukrayaan will be India’s first orbiter mission to Venus after sending similar missions to the Moon and Mars.
- The mission aims to study the surface of the hottest planet in our solar system and unravel the mysteries under the Sulphuric Acid clouds enveloping it.
- The orbiter is the third mission announced to the inferno world of Venus after NASA announced two probes followed by a spacecraft by the European Space Agency.
UNSC: Besides France, five Nordic countries have affirmed their support for India’s permanent seat at the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
- It is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations. its primary responsibility is to work to maintain international peace and security.
- Apart from the five permanent members, the UNSC also includes 10 non-permanent members who are each chosen for a two-year term.
- India has been elected as a non-permanent member on seven occasions in the past and started its eighth stint on January 1 this year.
Rakhigarhi: It is a 5,000-year-old site that showcases continuity from the Harappan age to the present times. The village also has havelis that are a couple of hundred years old.
- The site is located in the Sarasvati river plain, some 27 km from the seasonal Ghaggar river.
- The Rakhigarhi site is one of the “five iconic sites” declared by the Central government in the Union budget 2020-21.
- DNA samples collected from two human skeletons unearthed at Rakhigarhi have been sent for scientific examination.
Monkeypox: it is an orthopoxvirus, which is a genus of viruses that also includes the variola virus, which causes smallpox, and vaccinia virus, which was used in the smallpox vaccine.
- Monkeypox is a zoonosis, that is, a disease that is transmitted from infected animals to humans.
- The monkeypox virus is an orthopoxvirus, which is a genus of viruses that also includes the variola virus, which causes smallpox, and vaccinia virus, which was used in the smallpox vaccine.
Monkeypox is a zoonosis, that is, a disease that is transmitted from infected animals to humans.