The National Film Heritage Mission: it is an important initiative to preserve and conserve the country’s cinematic heritage.
- It was launched by the Information & Broadcasting Ministry in the year 2016.
- National Film Archive of India (NFAI) is the nodal organization for the implementation of this project.
- Found in Cold High Mountains in 12 countries including China, Bhutan, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Russia & Mongolia.
- China has the world’s largest snow leopard population.
- IUCN: Vulnerable, Schedule I: Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972
La nina: This year the La Nina is being blamed for worsening the longest spell of heatwaves from March to April in north, west and Central India.
- La Nina, the “cool phase” of ENSO, is a pattern that describes the unusual cooling of the tropical eastern Pacific.
- La Nina events may last between one and three years, unlike El Nino, which usually lasts no more than a year.
- Both el nino and la nina, tend to peak during the Northern Hemisphere winter.
Shigella: it is a bacterial infection produced by the enterobacter family of bacteria and is one of the most common causes of diarrhoea worldwide. Shigellosis is the infection it causes.
- The disease is easily transmitted through direct or indirect contact with the patient’s waste.
Wheat: Wheat procurement by government agencies is set to dip to a 15-year low in the current marketing season, from an all-time high scale last year.
- This is the second most important cereal crop in India after rice.
- Wheat is a rabi crop that requires a cool growing season and bright sunshine at the time of ripening.
- Temperature: Between 10-15°C (Sowing time) and 21-26°C (Ripening & Harvesting) with bright sunlight.
- Rainfall: Around 75-100 cm.
Soil Type: Well-drained fertile loamy and clayey loamy (Ganga-Satluj plains and black soil region of the Deccan).
Leave a Comment