It is not an easy task to dedicate several years in UPSC exam preparation. A round of applause to each one of you deciding on this career. After clearing the UPSC examination, the positions that will be allotted to you are prestigious in nature. But there must be a proper guide and set of advises before starting the preparation of the UPSC exam. One of the biggest advice will be to start the preparation of this exam at a young age. It is better to take the decision right you have passed from your college and take the decision instantly.
Some Specific and Useful Advice
- Work Hand And Be Smart- Some people think that, they can crack the UPSC examination with a shortcut. But this is totally a wrong concept. Also, clearing this examination does not involve reading the text book and getting the common question. You need to refer several books and contents related to the subject. Also, along with the hard work, some smart work is important. Some research and analysis are required as well.
- Slow And Steady Method- It is true that the whole world is running in competition. Thus, everyone is willing to get their target fast. But, if you are aiming to crack the UPSC examination, the strategy is not for you. Instead, you have to go slow and steadily. Just concentrate in your study and you will get gradually your goals are getting fulfilled.
- No Need to Be Super Intelligent- Sometimes the students with very less marks in academics can magically crack the UPSC examination. There is a myth that the top rankers in HS and university examinations can only get the chance in such competitive exams. But the fact is totally wrong. The syllabus has optimal designing through which candidates from different fields can easily solve and answer the questions once they have adequate preparation.
- Adequate Sleep And Timetable- This is an important step if you wish to crack the UPSC examination. Maintaining proper schedule and routine for study is very important. Make sure you study 10-12 hours in a day. This is absolutely possible if you have proper time table. Also, when you are working so hard for your studies, it is also quite important to maintain good health. Without good health you won’t be able to concentrate on your studies. This is why good sleep of 9 hours is important.
- Stay Disciplined- It is always important to maintain discipline in your daily life. These days, people are too much glued to the social media and online activities. Now, if you are willing to make a bright career in government sector, you must sacrifice your social media. Only if you can be disciplined and focus on your studies in a right way, the good preparation in the UPSC examination can take place.
There are several facts that is furnished through TV and movies. According to those visuals, IAS/ IPS have unlimited power. But, this is totally a wrong fact in reality. Even if you are having a high rank being an IAS or IPS you remain a public servant and must be humble always.